I don’t have any Beatles recordings in my archives. I don’t need them because it seems that like everybody in the whole wide musically inclined universe their songs are embedded in my psyche.
When I first arrived in Jakarta, their songs were inescapable, gushing forth from every neighbour’s transistor radio or pirated cassette. Now, I don’t hear them so often; they are drowned out by passing people carriers masquerading as boom boxes.
So I’ve put this compilation together so those inconsiderate barstewards can learn that there is some music that will never die. I wonder if they’d care to sing along with me, even those sung badly in excruciating English, like this one.
01. Manny Manuel – I Want To Hold Your Hand
02. Mrs. Miller – A Hard Day’s Night
03. Mae West – Daytripper
04. Les Compagnons de La Chanson – Le Sous Marin Vert
05. Charlotte Dada – Don’t Let Me Down
06. William Shatner – Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
07. Tiny Tim w. Brave Combo – Hey Jude
08. Shang Shang Typhoon – Let It Be
09. Yuna – Here Comes The Sun
10. Lowell Fulsom – Why Don’t We Do It In The Road?
11. Dr. John – Yesterday