I didn’t post this on March 8th, a few days ago, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it wasn’t complete, but if it had been, I wouldn’t have posted it on International Women’s Day.
It says here that it’s “a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.“
I dislike tokenism, and the website may or may not be ‘official’. I’m confused by the range of advertisers because at least one, BP, seems to be doing as much to fuck up the planet for all humanity and other living creatures as the worst frackers, deforesters, polluters, corporate lobbyists, et al.
That said, I like women as I like men and applaud or criticise all equally depending on their contributions to society. And that includes music.
These tracks tell a story, one of seeking solace, a bit of tenderness after dark.
01. Kim Carnes – Miss You Tonite
02. Norma Winstone & Jimmy Rowles – A Timeless Place
03. Andrea Wolper – The Girls In Their Dresses
04. The Roches – Damned Old Dog
05. Judie Tzuke – Stay With Me Till Dawn
06. Julee Cruise – This Is Our Night
07. Marianne Faithfull – Crazy Love
08. Kate & Anna McGarrigle – Go Leave
09. Kink Gong – Baozoo Khen