I’m going out of town for a few days, a welcome break. Although I’m going to and from Central Java by train, having already posted two compilations of Train Tracks – here and here – in my mind I’m hitting the road again.
There’s a certain freedom in looking ahead to new vistas and experiences. Yes, I have a few expectations, but they’re prosaic: for example, what oleh-oleh (souvenirs, usually food) should I take back for ‘Er Indoors?
So that’s what these songs are about.
01. Lowell Fulsom – Why Don’t We Do It In The Road?
02. The Chocolate Watchband – Hot Dusty Road
03. Mississippi Fred McDowell – Gravel Road Blues
04. Sam Collins (no relation) – Lonesome Road
05. Charlie Haden Family & Friends – Road Of Broken Hearts
06. Trees – Road
07. David Crosby – Thousand Roads
08. Joni Mitchell – Refuge Of The Roads
09. Richard Thompson – She Never Could Resist a Winding Road
10. Taj Mahal – Six Days On The Road
Actually, I’ll only be away three days, but it’s the thought that counts isn’t it.