This is a topic which I try to avoid … much as money tends to avoid me. However, it has been under discussion in Jakartass Towers for a couple of reasons recently, which I won’t bore you with here. (Of course, if you’d like to be my sugar daddy, or mummy – I’m not fussy …)
As is my wont, I headed for my music folder, typed the single keyword and stared slightly agog at the many tracks which presented themselves. There were so many options that I was forced to think that apart from the weather, musicians talk about little else. Well, there is one little four letter word about which there is constant pondering and composing, but I’ve got to be in the right mood – elated, dejected or rejected, no matter – to trawl through that lot.
Whatever, I hope most, if not all my selected tracks are unfamiliar, even in the versions of songs you may know. So, without further ado, and no further mention, please download the following from here.
01. Dr. John – Money (That’s What I Want)
02. Moebius – Money
03. The Lovin’ Spoonful – Money
04. Annie Lennox – Money Can’t Buy It
05. Elkie Brooks – Money
06. Nine Horses – Money For All
07. John Martyn – Gun Money
08. David Bowie – Red Money
09. Van Morrison – Blue Money* (Indonesians can sing the chorus … duit, duit …)
10. Frankie Miller – Easy Money
11. Bobby Womack – No Money In My Pocket