In the banner on my main site you can see that I have a duality, not so much a split personality as an attempted understanding of my homeland, England, as well as the country I call home, Indonesia.
Hence my ‘Home Thoughts From Abroad’ refer to the UK, and my ‘Alien Thoughts From Home’ refer to Indonesia.
Having posted Sex, and (two) Drugs compilations, it should be the turn of Rock ‘n’ Roll, but choosing a dozen representative tracks is a bit too time consuming. So I figured that another Indonesian no-no should further cement my reputation for being something or other … an alien?
Booze, or to be specific, Whisky – or Whiskey for the Irish, Americans, and Irish-Americans – is a popular song topic among non-Indonesians. When going through Singapore duty free my preferred purchase is bourbon, which is a whiskey. Mind you, to be honest, my quaff of choice is beer which I’ve never categorised as ‘booze’.
I would have put together a beery compilation if I could, but most songs connected with the amber nectar are intended to be sung while drinking it and not about it.
You have just one calendar month from the day I posted this online before it evaporates into the thin air of hyperspace, so please don’t leave it on ice.
Tracks (in alphabetical oder)
– Albert Washington & Lonnie Mack – I’m Gonna Pour Me a Drink
– Donelly Tanya – Whiskey Tango
– Jo-Ann Kelly – Whiskey Head Woman
– John Lee Hooker – Whiskey And Wimmen
– John Martyn – He’s Got All The Whiskey
– Laurel Aitken – Drinkin’ Whiskey
– Ray Lamontagne – Whiskey Train
– Rising Sons – If The River Was Whiskey (Divin’ Duck Blues)
– Sunnyland Slim – Every Time I Get to Drinking
– The Motors – Whiskey And Wine
– The Pogues – Streams of Whiskey
– Tim Hardin – Whiskey Whiskey
– Walter Davis & Henry Townsend – Ashes In My Whiskey
– Willie Dixon – If The Sea Was Whiskey