What We Think About When We Try Not To Think About Global Warming is probably work, or to be more precise, a job.
Assuming you have one, you probably have a boss, who like you is monitored by the impersonnel Human Resources Department, which is stuffed with cloned time, motion and profit staff. You may complain about the commute, grumble about your gormless colleagues and begrudge the drudgery of your daily grind.
Or maybe you’re a workaholic, and willingly work extra hours, rarely take holidays, and socialise with your colleagues in a restaurant or bar before going home.
If you are in this latter group, more fool you!
My latest compilation is for those who will recognise that they’re only doing it for the money, and that there are indeed more important things to think about, but not just now.
01. Meal Ticket – Day Job
02. Lee Dorsey – Gotta Find A Job
03. Lee Dorsey – Work Work Work
04. Emmett Miller – Sam’s New Job
05. Talking Heads – Found A Job
06. Robert Palmer – Work to Make It Work 99
07. Urban Turban – Let’s Work Together
08. Cowboy Junkies – Working on a Building
09. Little Village – Don’t Bug Me When I’m Working
10. Fischer-Z – The Worker
11. Eric Burdon & The Animals – In The Night
12. Ian Matthews – Dirty Work