I think this video was recorded some time in the late sixties, a reminder that environmental awareness is not the latest fad.
Today’s compilation is my ‘offering’ to all the activists, politicians, bureaucrats and diplomats engaged in the 21st UN Climate Change Conference currently under way in Paris. Some suggest that if no agreement is reached on curbing the use of fossil fuels and if forests continue to be decimated and seas over-fished … and all for “economic growth” … then the planet is doomed.
They are wrong: the planet will survive. However, because humanity is the only species that shits in its own nest, then we are doomed to extinction and, by golly, we’re taking innumerable species with us.
And all I can do is offer you a selection of songs from my archives, and a link to the polemic I’ve posted on my main blog.
But first a message of hope from the late great John Martyn.
Hole In The Rain
Put your heart and mind together
Manipulate this weather
Help us, carry on
With the love of one another
We can still be nature’s mother
We can help her carry on.
01. Robin Dransfield – Mother Nature
02. Spirit – Nature’s Way
03. Sting – We Work The Black Seam
04. Talking Heads – (Nothing But) Flowers
05. Neil Young – After The Gold Rush
06. John Martyn – Hole In The Rain
07. Norma Winstone – Here Comes The Flood
08. Marianne Faithfull – A Stranger On Earth
09. John Surman & Jack DeJohnette – Song for World Forgiveness