It’s hot outside, and a cold one is needed. There are two essential Indonesian words for incoming tourists and expats to learn …
“One more … satu lagi.”
“Beer? gin? … what’s your poison?”
Beer … Bali Hai, Anker, Bintang, Heineken … wow, someone has written songs about them.
01. Dazie Mae – Drink Beer (Till The Day That I Die)
02. Mike Sammes Singers – Heineken
03. Peggy Lee – Bali Ha’i
04. Hanne Hukkelberg – Cast Anchor
Some of you will recall the very inexpensive paint-stripper of a gin called Mansion House. I can’t find any songs about it so we’ll have to make do with this photo.
05. Alan Hull – Gin and Tonics All Round
06. Kilburn & The High Roads – The Mumble Rumble & Cocktail Rock
07. Monty Python – Cocktail Bar
08. Ray Lamontagne – Still Can’t Feel The Gin
09. Tom Waits – Gin Soaked Boy
Some of you share my preference for Bintang beer. Sadly, this song is for us.