This is the first in a series of guest compiled … er … compilations.
Daniel Patrick Quinn is a musician with an extensive discography which you can sample on his BandCamp page. He may be better known here in Indonesia thanks to Gunung Bagging, his incredibly detailed guide to climbing the archipelago’s volcanoes. I know him through Bintangs, trips to parts of Indonesia I may not otherwise have visited, and as a gig-going pal during an inter-regnum in his music making regime.
He is currently spending many a hard day’s night working like a dog back in the UK in order to create space for more music making.
While here he also introduced me to several recordings and artists I was not familiar with. Several are included in his selection.
Downloads (variable bit rates)
01. It’s Immaterial – Driving Away From Home (Jim’s Tune)
02. Syzygys – Ammonite Dream
03. Jon Hassell & Farafina – Tales Of The Near Future (Clairvoyance)
04. The Fall – Service
05. Fela Kuti – Sorrow Tears & Blood
06. Mike Oldfield – To France
07. Durutti Column – Lips That Would Kiss
08. Jonathan Richman – Afternoon
09. Paul Giovanni – Gently Johnny
10. Brian Eno – From The Same Hill
11. David Thomas & Two Pale Boys – Night Driving
12. Aphex Twin – Ventolin (Probus Mix)
13. Roxy Music – Chance Meeting
14. John Cale – Ship Of Fools
15. David Bowie – Weeping Wall
16. A Javanese Gamelan Ensemble – Bubaran Udan Mas
Bubaran Hudan Mas is a ‘traditional’ closing number (buburan) in Central Java gamelan performances.
Udan Mas means ‘golden rain’.
Note: If you would like a free download of Dan’s music, email him for a code.