“Perverse and foolish, oft I strayed.”
My quotation is from a Church of England hymnal: it’s the kind of message which lasts a lifetime, even though I used it as motivation to explore the world outside ritualism. Trying to stay on an even keel in this fast changing, topsy-turvy and decaying world that humanity has created for itself is difficult.
I reckon that I’m smart, so I don’t want, or need to be part of the topsy-turvy world of selebritis and selfies. That’s an imaginary conceit: those hand held devices used to fix one’s place in that illusion can detonate bombs which remove you from the reality.
So, being perverse, I’ve put together this compilation.
- Moondog – I’m This, I’m That
- Rupert Hine – One Man’s Poison
- Fela Kuti – Opposite People
- Can – Mary, Mary, So Contrary
- John Martyn – Outside In
- The Happy End – Turn Things Upside Down
- Ivor Cutler – Perverse
- Peter Gabriel – Downside Up