“World Sleep Day is an annual event ……. energized by sleep professionals all over the world.”
Discovering that today is World Sleep Day surprised me.
Did that mean that I could spend the time in dreamland?
I explored the website, and discovered that there are a host of sleep disorders apart from snoring, tossing and turning, and ‘Er Indoors moving over to my side of the bed. There’s a downloadable toolkit. Not being a fool, I knew that a physical bed wouldn’t be included, but I did check.
The 10 Commandments of Sleep Hygiene for Adults only had these two mentions.:
–7. Use comfortable bedding.
10. Reserve the bed for sleep and sex.
Don’t use the bed as an office, workroom or recreation room.
I ticked them off my mental list, although I did wonder if recreational sex is a no-no.. Actually I was able to tick all the others too, with the minor transgressions of not having “an awakening time” and “not smoking”. The avoidance of “excessive alcohol ingestion 4 hours before bedtime” is too rare to really count.
So I wondered how I could contribute, and there was only one answer.
I did what I’ve learned to do in my sleep: produce another compilation.
01. Incredible String Band – No Sleep Blues
02. Richard Thompson – O Sleep Fond Fancy
03. Jenifer Smith & Musicians – Looking For Sleep
04. The Durutti Column – Sleep Will Come
05. Anja Garbarek – Sleep
06. Valentina Lisitsa – Deep Sleep Playing
07. Mike Keneally – David Lynch’s Curtains>Sleepwalk With Me
08. Zhongyu – Sleepwalking the Dog
09. David Sylvian – Silver Moon Over Sleeping Steeples
10. Steve Jansen – Sleepyard
11. Rain Sounds – Sleepy Sleep
12. Paul Schutze – Sleep2
13. Claire Hamill – Winter Sleep