… celebrates workers by giving them a paid day off work.
Elsewhere, May 1st is May Day, a day for the unemployed to continue wandering the streets crying “Mayday“, or in French, “M’aidez” which is, of course, a plea for help in the form of paid work.
That’s why my latest compilation is for all, but especially all those folk who are keeping essential services going and extra especially the unpaid interns slaving away for their bosses who, no doubt, are nowhere to be seen today.
Work or Play?
01. Randy Newman – Mr. President (Have Pity On The Working Man)
02. John Martyn – Willing To Work
03. Bo Diddley – Working Man
04. Oscar Brown Jr. – Work Song
05. Chris Spedding & Peter Frampton – Work
06. Sainkho Namtchylak – Worker Song (Nomads Dance Around the Fire)
07. Andy Partridge – Work
08. Korean People’s Army – The Workers Party Is The Peoples’ Army
09. Warren Zevon – Workin’ Man’s Pay
10. Marianne Faithfull – Working Class Hero
11. Man – Burn My Workin’ Clothes
12. Mike Oldfield – Worksite