… or bee ware?
I’m continuing with the nature theme because … erm … because bees make honey? … erm … because bees pollinate very many food crops, yet are being wiped out by the poisons sold to farmers by pharma conglomerates?
Nope … it’s because I really like this song recorded by Slim Harpo in 1957!
I’ve got albums which lead me to beelieve that they’d have at least one track with ‘bee’ in the title. But no: David Sylvian’s Secrets of the Beehive and Dead Bees on a Cake, no; nor Music Every Night by Bees Make Honey and Honey Lingers by Voice of the Beehive. Sweet Honey In The Rock and Admiral Amos Easton, who preferred to record as Bumble Bee Slim, weren’t any help either.
I could only find the one album by Airto Moreira which lived up to its title, but, no matter. Having combed – pun intended – my archives, there are 20 tracks you can download from here.
01. Peter Blegvad – Bee Dream
02. radio.string.quartet.vienna – Dream Caused By The Flight Of A Bee …
03. Afro Celt Sound System – Honey Bee
04. Louis Jordan – Honey in the Bee Ball
05. Big Mama Thornton – Big Mama’s Bumble Bee Blues
06. Lionel Hampton & Gerry Mulligan – Blight Of The Fumble Bee
07. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore – The LS Bumble Bee
08. Canned Heat – Sugar Bee
09. Leola B. Wilson – Black Biting Bee Blues
10. Bertha Lee – Yellow Bee
11. Taj Mahal & Toumani Diabaté – Queen Bee
12. Muddy Waters – I’m a King Bee
13. Airto Moreira & The Gods of Jazz – Killer Bees
14. Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio – Beehive
15. Richard Thompson – Beeswing
16. Nguyên Lê – Bee
17. Lanark – Chopin ~ Bee
18. Ray Brown & Jimmy Rowles – A Sleepin’ Bee
19. Bruford Borstlap – Conference of the Bees
20. The Westerlies – The Beekeeper