When five former US Presidents with different political persuasions come together for a fundraiser on behalf of those areas of the USA which have suffered devastation from recent hurricanes, then we are seeing the best of the American Dream: it’s one of inclusiveness, of working together for the common good..
That the current President contributed a video which praised them for “being fine public servants”, but that there was little else in his script, which he read without looking into the camera, was a strong indication why the five needed to come together.
Life has to be about balance, of truces rather than battles, of constructive compromises (i.e. of the highest, rather than lowest, common denominator), and acceptance that ‘they’ do not have to be like ‘us’.
01. Masqualero – Off Balance
02. Blossom Toes – I Will Bring You This And That
03. Dr. John – Right Place, Wrong Time
04. Ian Gomm – Black and White
05. The Persuaders – Thin Line Between Love And Hate
06. Ric Ocasek – Balance
07. Rupert Hine – One Man’s Poison
08. Mary Black – Trying to Get the Balance Right
09. Lee Morse – If You Want The Rainbow (You Must Have The Rain)
10. Brian Eno & Jah Wobble – Unusual Balance
11. Jansen & Barbieri – Balance
12. Ryuichi Sakamoto – Acceptance