So that’s another homecoming nearly over, and it’s time to return to the routines of commuting to the clock in, clock out workplace in the daily rush hour – what an inappropriate name – of macet (traffic jams) in order to save enough for next year’s mudik
Today’s compilation is for all who are letting the trains take the strain this weekend.
A thread on my FB page is my reason for issuing this selection of not very good songs, or renditions of them, because it’s that time of year.
Best and worst are subjective, and I’ve made a point of not including Away In A Manger, Silent Night, Hark The Herald Angels Sing, and all those carols which primary school children are expected to sing as part of a parents’ evening.
Since then, supermarkets and shopping malls have been places I have avoided for the last two or three months of the year because I was conditioned: I know all the words to all the traditional carols.
While shepherds washed their socks by night,
All seated round the tub
The Angel of the Lord came down
and said those socks are mine.
More recently, YouTube celebs insist on giving us a commentary about their favourite and most hated songs about peace and love and goodwill to all men, yet don’t actually play them.
Bah humbug, I say.
Here is an example, and I nominate it as the worst video about worst songs I could find.
I hope this compilation gets rid of your unwanted guests, those folk you only see at this time of the year.
- DMX – Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Elmo N’ Patsy – Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
- Frank Sinatra – Jingle Bells
- Hotpantz – I’d Like to Give You One For Christmas
- Unknown – I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas
- Jimmy Boyd – I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Steve Maudlin – O Holy Night
- The Chipmunks w. Dave Seville – The Chipmunk Song
- The Sid Winkler Trio – Santa Claus Got Stuck In My Chimney
And finally …